Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Henna

My mum and sisters like using "Inai" or in English it's called "Henna". Henna (Lawsonia inermis) is a flowering plant used since antiquity to dye skin, hair, fingernails, leather and wool. And so I have never really used it or took interest in it, until yesterday

Sarah Ng came over cause she is leaving for the US. So she came for tea and stayed for dinner. She is awesome in doing henna. So she did for my sisters and I thought... I want one. Why not!

So I asked her to do a word on my right hand and one word on my left hand
On my left hand she wrote "Xiao Lian" (the Chinese name Danielle Ng gave to me because I have straight hair) in Chinese calligraphy.....


On my left hand she wrote "Phoenix". A phoenix is a mythical bird that is a fire spirit with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends). I really love the name Phoenix and I thought what it was was interesting.


It would last for a few days. So I am planning to buy henna so that I could write over it.
That's it for now.

Jemimah =)

No comments: